Hosto Provides Great Deals On Homeowners And Flood Insurance In Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, Maryville And Troy
If your property flooded today, would you be prepared?
“I don’t live in a coastal area, so I’m safe from flooding!” you might think. But you’d be wrong. You may also think your house and belongings would be covered from flooding under your standard homeowner’s insurance. Wrong again.
Of course, areas that get a lot of rainfall or that surround rivers and lakes are prone to flooding, but they’re not the only ones. Regions that are geographically flat or typically dry are also prone to floods because the water has nowhere to go when it does come.
According to FEMA, just one inch of floodwater can cause up to $25,000 in damage!
Your standard homeowner’s insurance won’t cover damage to your building or your belongings in the case of a flood, which is why it’s important to add a separate flood insurance policy to protect your assets and for peace of mind.
There are two types of flood insurance: building coverage and contents coverage.
So, what’s included under building coverage?
Flood insurance with building coverage includes the building and its large parts, such as:
- The building and its foundation, walls, and staircases
- Electrical and plumbing systems, including HVAC equipment, furnaces, etc.
- Large appliances like refrigerators, stoves, and dishwashers
- Permanently installed cabinetry and carpeting
- Garages, including detached garages
Then what do you need contents coverage for?
Contents coverage makes sure that your personal belongings are insured in the case of a flood. For example:
- Detached appliances like your microwave or washer and dryer
- Portable or in-window air conditioning units
- Curtains, additional carpets
- Electronic equipment like your television and computer
- Valuable items
Is there anything flood insurance does not cover?
Yes. Typically, flood insurance covers the building or its contents, as long as the cause of the damage is related to flooding. However, it does not cover the property the building sits on, including landscaping, pools, and septic systems. It also will not cover vehicle damage, even if the car is on the property that flooded.
Let’s work together
We know you want to keep your home and loved ones safe and protected. Call us to schedule an appointment today. We will listen to you and work with you to build an insurance plan around your needs, making sure we protect what’s important to you. If you think you need flood insurance or are wondering how flood insurance can protect your home, belongings, and loved ones, give us a call today.
Looking to get a quote for Flood Insurance Near Edwardsville? Contact Us Today
Contact Hosto Insurance
What Does Great Homeowners Flood Insurance Look Like?
In Illinois, you want your insurance policy to help you if you suffer a loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, or other covered events. A great home insurance policy will also cover you in the event someone is injured while on your property and wins a legal judgment against you.
However, insurance policies differ by the type of residence you own, what coverages you choose to include, and what particular losses are covered. No matter what type of residence you have, Hosto Financial & Insurance Services will work with you to find an Illinois home insurance policy that fits your needs. We specialize in making it simple to choose coverage that gives you the value you need for the best price.
The amount you’ll pay for an Illinois home insurance policy depends on:
- Options you choose – Options are priced individually, so how much you’ll pay for your policy depends on the coverages you buy.
- How much you want to cover – Higher deductibles usually lower your premium price by shifting part of the loss payment to you. For example, if you had a $500 deductible, you would be responsible for paying the first $500 of the covered loss.
- Where you set your limits – You may choose to set higher limits than the recommended amount if appropriate to your situation and needs.
Ask about Umbrella Insurance Policies if you wish to extend coverage.
The amount you pay for your homeowners insurance in Illinois depends on the following assets you want to protect:
- Protection for Your Home
- Protection for You and Other People
- Medical Coverage
- Additional Living Expenses
- Protection for Your Belongings
- Scheduled Personal Property Coverage
- If You Rent Out Your Home
Call Hosto Insurance @ 618-779-5808 and ask us about any of the following additions to a home insurance policy. We would be delighted to help!
Call us today @ 618-779-5808 and find out how to get the right coverage at the best value for your Illinois home. We have a licensed insurance agent awaiting!